Skunks can be problematic mostly because of the dreadful odor. For some, it’s so bad it’s nauseating. For those who own a skunk in and around you yard, you will want to get rid of it.
Like many pest issues, you want to start figuring out what attracted the skunk to a lawn in the first location. There are many things you can do to prevent this fascination and keep the skunks away. Here are the most effective ways to maintain skunks from coming around your property.
1. Clean up fallen fruits, vegetables, nuts, and berries off the ground. These can be an attractive food source for skunks and other pests should youn’t.
2. Get rid of your leaf piles. You will find insects in these that skunks will visit your lawn to consume.
3. Seal up your garbage cans. Make sure that there’s a lid and seal on these. Skunks and other insects find food on your garbage, so do what you can to keep them out.
4. Avoid leaving pet food out which can be accessed by skunks or other creatures.
5. Keeping lids on those or at least a couple inches of cover will work best to maintain the skunks out.
6. Utilize a flood light. Motion detector products are among the better methods for eliminating a skunk in the lawn and a flood lighting is very effective. Skunks do not like being vulnerable in the light. This may deter them away to another area that is darker.
7. Use a sprinkler as a different motion sensor device. This may send a gentle burst of water which will scare the skunk. After awhile the skunk should find the message.
8. Make certain to reapply them especially after a heavy rain. Additionally, there are skunk repellents which you can purchase. It’s best to use repellents that mimic a skunk’s predators. This will intimidate skunks and help keep them off.
9. Contact a Raccoon Removal company for trapping services.